When Professional Services Review is recruiting new staff, jobs are listed here and advertised on APS Jobs (further detail about the role provided in job listing).
Applicants are expected to address the selection criteria relating to a position when applying for a role. We recommend the APSC publication: Cracking the Code for advice on how to structure a response.
Currently advertised: APS 4 Administrative Support Officer (application period is now closed)
Professional Services Review (PSR) seeks candidates with experience in administrative support roles for a position as a case officer. PSR aims to protect the integrity of the Medicare and Pharmaceutical Benefits Schemes by reviewing possible inappropriate practice by practitioners in connection with providing medical services. Case officers perform an important role in a small team providing support to the Director PSR and PSR Committees.
The case officer’s duties include:
• Opening case files in the PSR case management system and entering all relevant case data,
• Updating case files at each stage of the review process and ensuring that documents are filed electronically,
• Liaising with health practitioners and clinics to obtain medical records for review,
• Preparing clinical records for review by the Director PSR or PSR Committees including tagging and scanning records relevant to particular services,
• Coordinating secure collection or delivering of documents via courier services, and
• Undertaking other general administrative support tasks as required.
Candidates will have:
• Experience with records management, documentation preparation and/or general administrative tasks,
• Capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a small team,
• Good attention to detail,
• Capacity to become familiar with medical records and basic medical terminology, and
• Strong oral communication skills.
Applications will be assessed against selection criteria. Applicants should obtain a copy of the selection criteria before applying by accessing
https://www.psr.gov.au/psr-agency-corporate-information/employment-opportunities or by emailing email@example.com.
Applications should include a CV and a statement addressing each of the selection criteria of up to 200 words per criterion.