Our security obligations
PSR will ensure that:
- the data we receive is managed securely and stored at a secure facility
- regular backups are done to ensure we can recover the data in case of a disaster
- all access to our system is logged to help us identify and resolve any unauthorised behaviour.
Our ICT security practices and procedures are guided by whole-of-government standards and guidelines including the Australian Government Information Security Manual and the Protective Security Policy Framework.
To protect your computer, you should:
- install security software that includes anti-virus and anti-spyware functions, a firewall and anti-spam filter
- run regular scans to detect viruses
- regularly update your security software to the latest version
- check your Internet browser's security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure
- not open email attachments if you do not know the sender
- only download files from reputable Internet sites
- not click on hyperlinks in emails received from unknown sources.
If a website requires you to use a password, you should:
- never share it with anyone
- never send it via email
- make it as strong as possible.
Please report any suspicious activity relating to your use of this website by contacting us. You can find out more at the following sites: