Our security responsibilities
Professional Services Review will ensure that:
- the data we receive will be managed securely
- the data will be stored at a secure facility
- regular backups are performed to ensure that data can be recovered in case of a disaster, and
- all access to our system is logged. If any unauthorised behaviour should occur, this will assist us in identifying and resolving the issue.
PSR’s ICT security practices and procedures are guided by whole-of-government standards and guidelines including the Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM) and the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF).
Increasing your safety online
Protecting your computer
- install and activate security software on your computer. Ensure your security software includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and anti-spam filter.
- run regular scans of your computer for viruses
- remember to update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version.
Other steps you should take help protect your computer include:
- check your Internet browser's security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure.
- do not open email attachments if you do not know the sender.
- only download files from reputable Internet sites.
- never click on hyperlinks in emails received from unknown sources.
Protecting your password
Some websites require you to use a password. You should:
- never share your password with anyone
- never send your password via email, and
- make your password as strong as possible.
You should report any suspicious activity relating to your use of this website by contacting us.